Behind the Smile ~ Bro. Ekene Otugeme
Topic: Behind the Smile
Text: Proverbs 17:22
Minister: Bro. Ekene Otugeme
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. [Proverbs 17:22]
A merry heart doeth good to the bone. Why should we smile and what are the benefits of smiling?
i. It lowers blood pressure
ii. It betters your mood especially for on days
iii. It reduces stress
iv. It strenghtens your immune system
v. Most importantly, smile is contagious
So, it means that if I am always happy, it can affect the people around me. If I’m always sad, It can also affect the people around me. So smile, because smile is contagious.
If we want to go spiritual; why should we smile? We smile because we are S – saved (Ephesisans 2:8-9), M – You are marvelously made (Psalm 139:14), I – You are in Christ (Colosians 3:3), L – you are Loved (Jeremiah 31:3), E – you are Exceptional (Jeremiah 1:5).
In today’s sermon, we’ll be looking at a topic titled “Behind the smile”. There are so many persons looking all good in their appreance, but there is a lot going on behind the scene. The truth is that God is aware that you may be smiling but there are some stuffs going on with you. Sometime it might be so bad that you may think you are the only one going through the problem, and you are almost giving up. As you go through this piece, bear in mind that it is a message of comfort and a message of hope and also to let you know that God is ready to deliever you if you maintain the right attitude.
WHAT IS BEHIND
- Behind the smile, it prayers desperately needing answers. That means there are many people smiling but behind the smile are prayers desperately needing answers. 1 Chronicles 4:10
- Behind the smile are bad habits and struggles. There are many people who are smiling outwardly but behind they have struggles, bad behavior and habits; and they are saying God when will you help me out of this? Roms. 7:16-20
- Behind the smile are sickness and ailment needing God’s intervention. 2 kings 5:1. So, when people see you, you work in the best company, you wear the best clothings but there is an ailment that needs God’s intervention. I pray that God will make your smile complete and your Joy full in Jesus name.
- Behind the smile are debts, automatons and deadlines. 1 Kings 11:17-18. I pray in the name of Jesus that anybody into debt, God will show up for you in Jesus name.
- Behind the smile are failures and rejections.
- Behind the smile are business deals and investments gone wrong.
- Behind the smile are mistakes and teribble regrets about the past. You are saying what are I going to to about this? but I wan to tell you something, “There is nothing you can do about the past than to learn from it, but there is so much you can do about today that will eventually affect your future.
- Behind the past are depression and sucidal thoughts. DOn’t be decieved by the smiles, because people are going through a lot behind the scene, but if you can take this problems to God in prayers, he will answer you. There is nothing to difficult for God to handle.
Indeed, behind the smile are issues too heavy for people to talk about but I want to bring to your notice as I round up, that behind the smile is hope of golry Colosians 1:27 “Christ in me, the hope of glory”. So, no matter what I have said so far, take this one very importantly, that behind the smile is the hope of glory.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO KEEP SMILING?
- Share your problem with trusted friends and counselors
- Have faith
- Stay positive. Romans 8:28
- Pray for your joy to be full. John 16:24 “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
- Lord make my smile genuine and my joy to be full