Accessing Supernatural Blessings ~ Pst. Otonye Davies
Topic: Accessing Supernatural Blessings
TEXT: JOHN 15:16
SPEAKER: Pst. Otonye Davies
DATE: 21ST MAY 2023 | 1ST SERVICE
John 15:16 (KJV)
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
God does not call us in vain, the best person to do business with is God. God has said to us that He is set to bless us. Sometimes we do not realize the gifting we have as children of God, we are chosen by God out of all the thousands and millions out there, then we are blessed by Him.
To be chosen by God is a blessing, the relationship you have with God determines that because you are His own, not everything can happen to you. God did not just stop at blessing us, He went a step ahead to ordain us (by ordaining us, He placed His mantle upon us, the instrument of His personality, He rested His hands upon us and gave us grace, He empowered us and gave us power and authority).
He places upon us a responsibility, every power, and grace you are given calls forth a responsibility. Many of us are busy enjoying the blessings and we turn our eyes away from the responsibilities. One of the responsibilities we have is to go out and bring fruit and ensure that it abides.
How can we make the Fruits (souls) Abide?
- Through our friendship with them
- By Showing care
- By our humanity towards them: we are not called to be righteous unto people rather we are called to show them the way to righteousness. The power to transform rests with God and the responsibility to win souls rests with us.
- By pointing them continuously to the way of righteousness. The primary purpose of the church is to bring souls unto Jesus.
- By following them up, and reaching out to them.
For us to access our supernatural blessing, we must be found in a place of responsibility. While we bring the souls and when they abide then we are blessed to have answers to anything we ask through Jesus. When we fulfill the preconditions then we are enabled to enter into the grace (it is a grace that whatever you ask, God answers).
Sometimes we run to receive the grace, we want to capture the grace but we don’t want to enter through the grace.
Lord help me to do my part so I can enter into the grace of receiving answers to my requests.
Ephesians 1:3, the blessings are in Christ not outside of Christ, so for you to receive the blessing you must be in Christ. We have the promise from God but what is the value of a promise that has not been accessed? We need to understand that the grace of God and the blessings of God in our lives are receivable.
How can we receive supernatural blessings?
- By bearing fruits, Mark 6:15-20, Romans 10:15
- Bearing fruits is God’s commandment and when you are obedient, blessings come to you.
- Making God happy by winning souls releases God’s blessings.
- Bearing fruits guarantees supernatural provision, Matthew 6:33
- Fruit-bearing grants access to God’s divine presence and in His presence you can make requests.
Why should you take responsibility?
- Because God needs us in His strategy. You are important in God’s strategy for recovering the world unto Himself.
- The harvest is plenty, the laborers are few. You are empowered to be a laborer, God cannot give you the mouth to speak and not expect you to use it, use your empowerment to the glory of His name.
- There are blessings we cannot access until we start bearing fruits.
God has called us, chosen us, empowered us, ordained us, giving us a responsibility to go out and bear fruits, nobody should take the responsibility lightly, as we can see in the story of the talents, whoever God gives a talent will be called to account in a certain day. Take advantage of every responsibility because you will give a record of how it was used. Use the platform given to you by God to win souls.
What you don’t find value in you cannot advertise and that is why many of us don’t advertise Christ because we don’t find value in Him.
Leave a Reply